Sunday, April 12, 2009

Leftover chicken seems to be the key to a lot of my foods, its like its better the second time around.
-LETTUCE CUPS-- I just cut up some leftover grilled chicken, made a balsamic garlic dressing and chopped up some bell peps and tomatoes. These are butter lettuce peices, so delish!
-EASY TACO SALAD--Slow cooking a few breasts of chicken with a bunch of salsa in a crock pot is probably the oldest trick in the book but it is one of my favorites. I just sauteed some bell peppers, onions and zuccini before I put it all together. Cut up some lettuce, throw on the chicken, some cheese, the veggies and I happen to have some avacadoes so of course that was the best part. Salsa and a few chips completed it. No biggy, no secrets, just pretty and healthy food. -PF CHANGS INSPIRED LETTUCE CUPS--I finally tried this hoisin sauce the food network is always talking about. Thats pretty much the key to what I did there. I chopped up some chicken, onions, and red bell peps and fried it up with soy sauce and chile pepper flakes while toasting some peanuts in another pan. I added just a bit of the hoisin sauce, cooked it long enough to make it sticky, put it in the lettuce cups and topped it with green onions, orange zest and the peanuts. Mmm mm










3 comments:

  1. I don't see butter lettuce at the regular grocery store. Do you go to a specialty place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look beautiful! and Yummy at the same time! I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum. I still remember your stir fry you made when you living in your parents old house and my little family came over to eat. it was the best thing i have ever eaten. Love you!

    ReplyDelete