Sunday, April 12, 2009

HOBO DINNER... SALMON STYLE -I'm inlove with salmon and there's no question I love my veggies. And I'm pretty sure no one will tell you its unhealthy. Since I always have my basic veggies and my frozon salmon, this is my fall back meal. I love love love it. But I HAVE to include a lemon or its not worth making. Its really simple, takes maybe 10 minutes to prepare and 22 minutes in the oven at about 425 degrees. Once you've got everything cut up, lay out a couple pieces of tin foil on top of each other and lay down the salmon, salt and pepper it and put a slice or two of lemon on it. Just throw on your veggies. I always like to use either a shallot or thinly cut red onions, put that on first, the deeper into the pile the more it cooks. Anything else is good but normally I use thinly sliced carrots, chopped red bell peppers, larger cut zuccini and sometimes broccoli. I'm sure any other veggies would do as well. Once you've piled it all together add a couple more slices of lemon. Now for the best part... (simple ingredients we all have, no secrets here) a little S&P, big drizzle of EVOO, a couple splashes of red wine vinegar and white wine. The more of these liquids you add, the more yummy juice you have to poor on once its all done. Fold it all up in the tin foil so its closed up tight and put it in a hot oven on a cookie sheet so it won't spill out. 22 minutes is just good enough to cook the salmon all the way but keep it very tender. Simple and healthy.


1 comment: