Friday, May 8, 2009

--JUST A GREEK SALAD-- Oh how much I love me veggies and balsamic goodness. So I was sick of paying $13 for a dang Greek salad when I was craving one. I stocked up on veggies and maybe a little feta (I seem to be one of the few inlove with that cheese. Hey, less calories so take that haters) and made an extremely simple vinaigrette. In a tupperware I put a smidge of dijon, honey, and balsamic vinegar. (least to most in that order, like just a little more each ingredient) salt and cracked pepper and as much olive oil as ya like. Close the lid, shake it up and poor it on the spring mix lettuce or whatever lettuce you like. I added everything I could think of but there are only a few ingredients I feel totally necessary: tomatoes, red onions, feta and either some kind of olive or artichoke hearts, which is what I used because thats what I had. Yum yummedy yum. I added a grilled chicken breast (simply on a grill pan with a bit of S and P) the second time I ate it. I know, overload, but it was so healthful and filling!




1 comment:

  1. I have been craving salads lately and this looks delicious. Of course, without the tomatoes. But I am willing to eat the feta, possibly, maybe...perhaps!

    ReplyDelete