Friday, May 22, 2009

GRILLED VEGGIE SALAD!!!

I cannot say enough about grilled veggie salad. Its like getting the satisfaction of a nice hot flavorful dinner but having the lightness of a salad. You can eat a giant plate of food and feel great. It may sound weird to combine the hot with the cold but it is one of my favorite meals ever.
I swear its so simple and easy and pretty self explanatory. I always just take whatever veggies I have (I used asparagus, zuccini, yellow bell pepper) and olive oil, salt and pepper them and grill em, outside or on a grill pan. While they grill I take any vinaigrette and toss any lettuce with it, maybe cut a few fresh veggies. (Here I used balsamic, a spring mix, tomatoes) I put the warm veggies on the bottom and top it with the lettuce and tomatoes and used a peeler to add some shreds of parmesan. Don't forget the cheese, I LOVE me some goat cheese or mozzeralla balls with this as well. You can always add chicken but the reason I love this is because it doesn't need much and its so tasty.

4 comments:

  1. looks delicious! how do you grill veggies on the grill/ i tried doing zuchini and yellow squash and it just didn't turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi-

    I love your blog! You are so creative! You give me some good ideas that I need to try.
    Thanks! How are you guys doing?
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right it feels like a full meal when hot meets cold. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yummy, I need this inspiration during these oncoming hot summer months!

    ReplyDelete