Tuesday, November 10, 2009


RANDOM RANDOM RANDOM. I'm so behind on food blogging but I try to take random pics of my quick and easy food. FRENCH TOAST: this is a blueberry puree with a bit of syrup and smidge of lemon zest added. Much healthier than butter and straight syrup, lets me honest, thats just eating cake for breakfast. (not that i haven't done that) SALMON SALAD: this is so simple it took two seconds, mainly leftovers and I was starving. Never underestimate the power of transformation in leftovers. I had an awesome sweet balsamic dressing for a salad from the day before and I used that to marinate the salmon for a bit and just sauteed it. Grilled some onions the day before with some roasted garlic (cut garlic head in tin foil with a bit of oil and salt, right on the grill til tender... magnificent!) and through those in there with some goat cheese. Spinach with a simple vinaigrette. I'm surprised I even stopped to take a picture I was so hungry but even then its good to make personal meals a little special. SIMPLE BAKED SALMON WITH PINEAPPLE JALAPENO SALSA (a la carte): I was trying something new and it was worth it... grilled pineapple, red pepper, red onion (grilled or raw would work), roasted jalapeno, cilantro, I had some kiwi so i threw some in, then I tossed it all together with a bit of honey, olive oil, lime juice, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and of course salt and pep. SO GOOD. Just quickly baked the salmon. (350 oven, 10-14 minutes) CHICKEN SALAD: too simple to explain but it was marvelous. CHICKEN PASTA WITH VEGGIES: also couldn't be simpler, you can do tons of variations of this and I do all the time cause its healthy and yummy. Whole grain pasta, grilled chicken, sauteed veggies, tossed in my balsamic vinaigrette. I use honey for sweet dressings so its tasty but natural. BISCUIT SOMETHING: So first day of baking class we made biscuits and I had a bunch. Well I'm obviously obsessed with balsamic vinegar and I love goat cheese. Sounds strange but I had some fruit and put it all together. I reduced the balsamic, mixed it with some honey and oil and it was a tart drizzly glaze for the fruit and it goes so well with the goat cheese. It was kinda like a fruit tart. I would so make it again if I was a biscuit lover.


















No comments:

Post a Comment