Tuesday, June 30, 2009

EASY AND LIGHT SNACKS

--HERB GRILLED CHIICKEN AND STUFF... I'm in the early weeks of culinary school and one night we recieved like 15 different fresh herbs to take home and smell and try and use. If you haven't done this, try it. I had so many I wanted to use them so I simply chopped up a bunch that smelled like they would work together and added some garlic, salt n pep and lots of olive oil with a bit of lemon zest and juice for acidity. This made one of the best marinades. Anyway grilled chicken is a great leftover and I love hummus and pita (set under broiler to crisp) and I had some tomato so this made a great quick afternoon meal. Nothing to it, just thought I'd share. This little cup of joy is also a quick go-to snack/breakfast/dessert. Seriously nothing new but if you haven't tried frozed blueberries with yogurt and granola you're missing out. I think fresh blueberries are kinda rubbery and hard to come by and expensive, so this obvioulsy helps with all that. I like to use vanilla lowfat yogurt and adding a bit of lemon zest wouldn't hurt either. Its quick and tasty and also satisfies a sweet tooth.


2 comments:

  1. The blueberry treat looks awesome. I think I will definitely try that one!

    ReplyDelete